THURSDAY-JULY 25, 2019 – 4:00 PM – BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE STATION
President: Steve Mott NØCRM
Vice President: Lyle Amundson KØLFV
Treasurer: Doug Bergsnev WØDWB
Secretary: Ron Finger KØGOP
Past Presidents: Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree WØRC
Director At Large: John Luce WØWY
Director of Emergency Communications: Dave Schuldheisz KØISZ
Repeater Trustee: Mitch Ahrenstorff ADØHJ
Community & Special Events Coordinator: Mark Cross KEØLFQ
Attendees: Lyle KØLFV, Doug WØDWB, Ron KØGOP, Al WØRC, John WØWY, Mitch ADØHJ, and Steve NØCRM. The Vice President opened the Board Meeting at 4:10 PM.
- Membership roster: 69 members with 53 paid for 2019 (as of membership meeting close). The Club roster can be found on the Club website under the “Resources/Members Only” area. Current paid members can request an individual password for access via the “Contact Us” form.
- Minutes: The June meeting minutes were posted to the club website..
- Correspondence: None.
- Documents: None.
- Membership ID’s: 1 new Club ID.
- Motion to accept: John WØWY, Second Al WØRC, Passed.
- The Treasurer presented the report forwarded to the board showing all month’s account transactions and balances to date.
- Motion to accept: Al WØRC, Second John WØWY, Passed
Recent / Upcoming Events: The following events were discussed:
- FREE Tailgate Hamfest Saturday: August 10, 2019, Crow Wing County Fairgrounds
- July 25: “Field Day Recap” Need alternate location for 4PM Board Meeting.
- September 26: “Member Show and Tell”.
- Breakfast, Picnic and Fox Hunt: Saturday: August 17, 2019, Lum Park, Brainerd, 9:00 AM Breakfast at Northwind Grill, Brainerd
- Baxter Triathlon: Sunday, August 25, 2019, Whipple Beach, Baxter.
- Northland Arboretum “Haunted Trail”: Thursday, Friday, Saturday, October 17-19, 2019, Brainerd.
- “Pulse Point” presentation: September 26 Membership Meeting.
- The Club will offer unused/surplus gear from the storage unit to members for a small donation. This will coincide with a Club Meeting or Breakfast in the near future.
- Remote Base Station: Will leave at present location for now; working well.
- Club information document: no activity to report.
- Club Website: discussed stability, moving to a new server.
- The Secretary will complete a design for an appreciation plaque for Scott Goddard, CWC Sheriff, and John Bowen CWC Emergency Management Director and furnish to Tom KTØMMY to laser-engrave for the Club.
Club Repeaters Status:
- Gull Lake: Mitch was out there 2 weeks ago, will be installing ground strap and new connectors. Roger and Dan completed work on UHF duplexer. Nick and Mitch working on motherboards for new rack-mount PCs.
- Crosby: No new items
- Crow Wing Power: No new items.
- Cross Lake: No new items.
- High-rise Site: No new items.
- Following the Tailgate Hamfest, the treasurer will order an HRI-200 controller (($130) and pop-up awning (($118) from DX Engineering.
- Discussion regarding replacing the old Club generator. MOTION: Sell old generator at Hamfest for $200 and purchase a new Honda 4KW inverter generator. Lyle/Al, Passed.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 5:05 PM.
THURSDAY-JULY 25, 2019 – 7:00 PM – BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE STATION
The President called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM with 25 members and guests present. Following the business meeting, the Club viewed a DVD presentation of DXpedition to South Sandwich and South Georgia Island “Back to the basics: small radios, antennas and generators; no more Mr. Kilowatt”
—Respectfully submitted by Ron KØGOP, Secretary