Saturday morning there was a very large turnout for the BAARC breakfast the technology meeting.
At the breakfeast, Mitch AD0HJ and Nick W0NY shared some new work that they have been working on. Nick downloaded and printed an enclosure for the PiGate (a Raspberry Pi PC and TNC) to be used for emergency operations. Be sure to attend our next club meeting to learn more about Winlink 2000 and email capability using our amateur radios.
Mitch shared the PiGate device that he has built. This standalone PC boots up and becomes WiFi hotspot that you can send emails in an emergency.
At the Technology meeting there was also a large turnout for the meeting at the library. At that meeting, we discussed the following:
- BAARC website server move to the Crosby site
- The future BAARC remote HF station and associated antenna
- The upgrades to the BAARC repeater linking
- Future ideas for the Gull Lake site
- Discussion regarding re-purposing our old repeater equipment.