THURSDAY-JANUARY 30, 2020 – 4:00 PM – BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE STATION
President: Steve Mott NØCRM
Vice President: Terry May KIØFW
Treasurer: Doug Bergsnev WØDWB
Secretary: Ron Finger KØGOP
Past Presidents: Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree WØRC
Director At Large: Lyle Amundson KØLFV
Director of Emergency Communications: John Luce WØWY
Repeater Trustee: Mitch Ahrenstorff ADØHJ
Community & Special Events Coordinator: Mark Cross KEØLFQ
Attendees: Steve NØCRM, Ron KØGOP, John WØWY, Al WØRC, Shirley KØDCW, Mitch ADØHJ, Charles W5CCL, and Mark KEØLFQ. The Secretary opened the Board Meeting at 4:13 PM.
- Membership roster: 73 members with 34 outstanding for 2020 (as of membership meeting close). The Club roster can be found on the Club website under the “Resources/Members Only” area. Current paid members can request an individual password for access via the “Contact Us” form.
- Minutes: The December board and membership meetings were not held in lieu of the Club Christmas party.
- The Secretary cast a “white ballot” to elect Club all officers and directors listed on the 2020 ballot.
- Correspondence: none.
- Documents: secretary will update new Hamfest flyer and website info to new location specifics as determined in coming weeks.
- Membership ID’s: 1 new Club ID.
- Club membership roster and Gmail recipient list were updated to current status.
- Motion to accept: John WØWY, Second Al WØRC , Passed.
- The Treasurer sent his report to the board showing all month’s account transactions and balances to date.
- Motion to accept: Al WØRC, Second Charles W5CCL, Passed
Membership Meeting Programs:
- The President reviewed recent and future Club programs and events.
- Future meeting dates: February 27, 7 PM, Brainerd Fire Station – John WØWY will invite Sheriff Scott Goddard to attend with and present a program on the department’s therapy dog “Lincoln”.
- Recent / Upcoming Events: The following events were discussed:
- MN-150 Sled Dog Race, Saturday, February 9, 2020: Al WØRC updated the board on course changes, with event organizer Dan Levno to stop by with updates and checkpoints.
- Mark KEØLFQ will check for operator interest in working the “Breezy Point Fly-In”, Saturday, May 2, 2020.
Digital and Emergency Communications:
- Ron KØGOP reported on the status of the Central MN Hospital Net held at 1300 on the first Wednesday of the month. The Club is looking for additional operators to staff the 5 Crow Wing County radio locations.
Club Repeaters Status:
- Gull Lake: No new items
- Crosby: No new items
- Crow Wing Power: No new items.
- Cross Lake: No new items.
- High-rise Site: No new items.
- John WØWY will draft a year-end letter of appreciation for the secretary to send to the various entities hosting our many Club repeater sites.
- SKYWARN Severe weather spotting: We need to get on track for linking the 225 and 700 repeaters locally, and then to the Duluth NWS.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 5:12 PM.
THURSDAY-JANUARY 30, 2020 – 7:00 PM – BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE STATION
The Club enjoyed a very interesting presentation by Pat Goff on the recent upgrades to the Crow Wing Power grid management system.
—Respectfully submitted by Ron KØGOP, Secretary