THURSDAY-JUNE 24, 2021 – 5:00 PM – BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE STATION
President: Steve Mott NØCRM
Vice President: Terry May KIØFW
Treasurer: Doug Bergsnev WØDWB
Secretary: Ron Finger KØGOP
Past Presidents: Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree WØRC
Director At Large: Lyle Amundson KØLFV
Director of Emergency Communications: John Luce WØWY
Repeater Trustee: Jay Andolshek KAØDYN
Community & Special Events Coordinator: Mark Cross KEØLFQ
Attendees: Lyle KØLFV, Terry KIØFW, Ron KØGOP, John WØWY, Al WØRC, Charles W5CCL, and Dave KØISZ. The Vice President opened the Board Meeting at 5:05 PM.
- Membership roster: 86 members with 63 paid for 2021 (as of membership meeting close).
- Minutes: The May 2021 Club Minutes were distributed to the Board and posted to the Club website
- Website: Web graphics will be updated for the BAARC Tailgate Hamfest 2021. June article for Bob WØZPE’s “All Things HF was posted.
- Correspondence: None.
- Club membership roster and Gmail recipient list were updated to current status.
- The Treasurer’s report was distributed to the board by Charles W5CCL, showing all month’s account transactions and balances to date. All bills are current and paid.
Membership Meeting Programs:
- The Vice President reviewed the upcoming membership meetings for July 29, and August which will be our traditional Club picnic at Lum Park, Brainerd.
Digital and Emergency Communications:
- CWC EOC: John WØWY reported nothing new regarding the new EOC facility. It is still in progress and our Club operating area should be arranged within the next month. Grant funds are available for antenna cabling when they are ready for our relocation at the new facility.
- ARRL Emergency Coordinator, BAARC Director of Emergency Communications position: John WØWY prepared and distributed to the board a 4-page job description of his 2 former positions as an aide in the selection of interested candidates. The Board thanked him for this helpful guideline.
- SKYWARN: Al WØRC will type up protocols for using the new NWS chat rooms. Alternate path to NWS-Duluth for severe weather reporting is through their toll free phone number.
- ARES Central MN Regional Hospital Net: This VHF net occurs at 1PM on the first Wednesday of the month on the Saint Cloud 147.015 repeater. Some of our operators that previously checked in from home are no longer able to access this repeater. Al WØRC suggested we could install a 440 crossband link at one of our repeater sites for this purpose.
Upcoming BAARC Events
- 2021 Field Day: Lyle KØLFV discussed Club Field Day activities at the CWC Fairgrounds this year. Since we were unable to find a new chairperson to oversee the weekend event onsite, we will participate individually from home or alternate field locations. Club member’s individual station logs can be submitted to the ARRL using each operator’s call sign, but under the BAARC affiliation.
- Club Storage Container workday: Saturday, July 31; signup sheet at July 29th Club meeting.
- Tailgate Hamfest: This outdoor event has proved a good option to sustain Club income from sales of donated equipment. We will again plan to host this at the CWC Fairgrounds on Saturday, August 14, 9AM – 1PM.
- BAARC Picnic: Lum Park, Brainerd, August 21, 11AM. Bring a lunch and beverage; no Fox Hunt this year.
Repeater Trustee & Technical Support
- Jay KAØDYN has offered to serve as Club Repeater Trustee, and be the official point of contact for the Club repeaters. John WØWY: Motion to appoint, Second: Terry KIØFW, PASSED.
- Interested members are also sought for re-establishing a Club Technology Committee to plan and manage current needs and plan for future technical development Lyle will ask former members for suggestions.
- Generator purchase: With the change in Field Day plans, there is not an immediate need. Lyle will check on availability and model updates.
- The Board will act as the nominations committee for the November, 2021 Club election. Interested members are invited to contact any Board member for consideration.
- Ron KØGOP reported that Club member Bill Schaller NØPUJ successfully tested in Saint Cloud to earn his Extra Class license. Also testing was Bill’s 12 year-old grandson Aden, who passed his Technician Class License as new ham KFØFWB. The board welcomes Aden to the club with a complimentary membership for 2021.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 5:50 PM.
THURSDAY-JUNE 24, 2021 – 7:00 PM – BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE STATION
Several 2021 ARRL Field Day T-Shirts were awarded in the door prizes.
17 members and guests enjoyed several interesting member presentations on their favorite Ham Radio shirt, and the story behind it.
Ron KØGOP gave a demonstration of the N3FJP Field Day Software that members can use from home or in the field.
—Respectfully submitted by Ron KØGOP, Secretary