THURSDAY-NOVEMBER 29, 2018 – 4:00 PM -?BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES?- BRAINERD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
President:?Steve Mott N?CRM
Vice President:?John Luce W?WY
Treasurer:?Doug Bergsnev W?DWB
Secretary:?Ron Finger K?GOP
Past Presidents:?Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree W?RC
Director At Large:?Lyle Amundson K?LFV
Director of Emergency Communications:?Dave Schuldheisz K?ISZ
Repeater Trustee:?Mitch Ahrenstorff AD?HJ
Community & Special Events Coordinator:?Mark Cross KE?LFQ
Attendees:?Steve N?CRM, Doug W?DWB, John W?WY, Ron K?GOP, Al W?RC, Shirley K?DCW, Mitch AD?HJ, Lyle K?LFV, Mark KE?LFQ and Roger W?WUG. The President opened the Board Meeting at 410 PM.
- Membership roster: 74 members with 6 unpaid for 2018. The Club roster can be found on the Club website under the?Resources/Members Only?? Current paid members can request an individual password for access via the??Contact Us??form.
- Minutes: The October 2018 Executive Board and Membership Meeting minutes were posted to the?Baarcer??area.
- Documents: Updated Club membership roster and Gmail contacts database.
- Membership ID’s: No new Club ID?s.
- Club Website: New banner graphic for November: ?ARRL Edmund Fitzgerald Special Event?.
- Motion to accept: John W?WY, SecondMark KE?LFQ ,??
Treasurer?s Report:?The President presented the Treasurer?s report that was forwarded to the board showing all month?s account transactions and balances to date.?Doug has verified that the Club Trailer is covered on the Club insurance policy to a limit of $28,000.
- Motion to accept: John W?WY, SecondAl W?RC,?Passed
Membership Meeting Programs:?
- The President reviewed recent and future Club programs and events. As the Fire Department meeting location is unavailable for December, John has arranged using the Brainerd Chamber of Commerce CTC meeting room for the December 20th holiday party date. There will be no board meeting and the membership meeting/party will begin an hour early at 6:00 PM.
Recent / Upcoming Events:?The following events were discussed:
ARRL Special Event: ?Anniversary of the Sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Sunday November 11, 2018 at Dossin Great Lakes Museum on Belle Isle in Detroit, MI
- Extended event November 6 ? November 20 using W8F call sign
- Certificates provided w/ SASE.
2019 BAARC Hamfest
- Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Al W?RC has secured the date with the Brainerd Armory.
Jaycees Ice Fishing Extravaganza
- Saturday, January 26, 2019 Hole in the Day Bay on Gull Lake
- Mark will chair the event, but may not be available to attend.
- John will arrange for use of the Sheriff?s comm trailer.
Mid-MN 150 Dog Sled Race
- Saturday, February 9, 2019
- Al will chair the event. Our base of operations will remain at the Village Inn, Outing.
- John will again arrange for use of the Sheriff?s comm trailer.
Digital & Emergency Communications:?
Director of Emergency Communications position:
- John reported he will continue to assist Dave K?ISZ until he is able to return to full duty at his new location.
New CWC EOC:
- No updates on construction progress allowing reactivating our Club station there.
- Gull Lake:
- See New Business.
- No new items.
- Crow Wing Power:
- No new items.
- Cross Lake:
- No new items.
- High-rise Site:
- No new items.
- Club fundraising was discussed. The Secretary will continue to draft and refine documents to assist those efforts including Club information and future equipment needs. These could then be provided to local charitable organizations for consideration and a follow up meeting with their group.
- Ballots for 2019 election of Club Officers were sent to the membership and will be tabulated at the 7:00 PM Membership Meeting.
- Mitch reported on APRS and VHF repeater-linking progress at the Gull Lake Repeater site. Motion to purchase 2 additional rack-mount PC?s at $400 each: Mitch AD?HJ, SecondAl W?RC,??Mitch has donated another PC and linking for the APRS addition.
- Mitch also reported on progress in applying for the new Club repeater pair.
- Al reported that his old 3M Amateur Radio Club has been following our Club?s purchase and success with the Yaesu DR-2X Digital Repeater system, and are in the process of updating their repeaters accordingly.
- The board discussed a possible Club donation to a scholarship fund in memory of recent SK, W?AIH. The Treasurer was asked to make a $100 donation from the Club treasury.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 4:42 PM.
THURSDAY-NOVEMBER 29, 2018 – 7:00 PM -?BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES?- BRAINERD CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
The President called the meeting to order at 7:00 PM. Following business meeting reports, ballots were collected for the election of 2019 Club Officers. With no write-in candidates received, a motion was made from the membership: Motion for the Secretary to cast a unanimous ballot for the listed Club Officers: Shirley K?DCW, Second?Leon KE?AFY,?Passed.?
Elected Officers for 2019:
President: Steve Mott, N?CRM
Vice-President: Lyle Amundson, K?LFV
Treasurer: Doug Bergsnev, W?DWB
Secretary: Ron Finger, K?GOP
Director-at-Large: Al Doree, W?RC
Past President: Charles Lane, W5CCL
Past President: Al Doree, W?RC
The following were nominated by the Executive Board and elected by the Membership:
Repeater Trustee: Mitch Ahrenstorff, AD?HJ
Director of Emergency Communications: Dave Schuldheisz, K?ISZ
Community Events Coordinator: Mark Cross, KE?LFQ
Following the business meeting and break, a presentation on several working SDR (Software Defined Radio) setups was given. Demonstrating these units were: Lyle K?LFV, Gary KA?JUM, and Mitch AD?HJ.
–Respectfully submitted by?Ron K?GOP, Secretary