THURSDAY-OCTOBER 25, 2018 – 4:00 PM -?BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES?- BRAINERD FIRE DEPARTMENT
President:?Steve Mott N?CRM
Vice President:?John Luce W?WY
Treasurer:?Doug Bergsnev W?DWB
Secretary:?Ron Finger K?GOP
Past Presidents:?Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree W?RC
Director At Large:?Lyle Amundson K?LFV
Director of Emergency Communications:?Dave Schuldheisz K?ISZ
Repeater Trustee:?Mitch Ahrenstorff AD?HJ
Community & Special Events Coordinator:?Mark Cross KE?LFQ
Attendees:?Steve N?CRM, Doug W?DWB, John W?WY, Ron K?GOP, Al W?RC, Shirley K?DCW, Mitch AD?HJ, Mark KE?LFQ and Roger W?WUG. The President opened the Board Meeting at 4 PM.
- Membership roster: 74 members with 6 unpaid for 2018. The Club roster can be found on the Club website under the?Resources/Members Only?? Current paid members can request an individual password for access via the??Contact Us??form.
- Minutes: The September 2018 Executive Board and Membership Meeting minutes were posted to the?Baarcer??area.
- Documents: Updated Club membership roster and Gmail contacts database.
- Membership ID’s: No new Club ID?s.
- Club Website: New banner graphic for October; Northland Arboretum?s Haunted Trail event.
- Motion to accept: Al W?RC, SecondJohn W?WY,??
Treasurer?s Report:?The Treasurer presented the Treasurer?s report that was forwarded to the board showing all month?s account transactions and balances to date.?Doug will check to verify that the Club Trailer is covered on the Club insurance policy.
- Motion to accept: John W?WY, SecondAl W?RC,?Passed
Membership Meeting Programs:?
- The President reviewed recent and future Club programs and events. The Fire Department meeting location is unavailable for November and December. John has arranged using the Brainerd Chamber of Commerce CTC meeting room for the November 29th and December 20th dates.
Upcoming Events:?The following events were discussed:
ARRL Special Event: ?Anniversary of the Sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald?
- Sunday November 11, 2018 at Dossin Great Lakes Museum on Belle Isle in Detroit, MI
- Extended event November 6 ? November 20 using W8F call sign
- Certificates provided w/ SASE.
2019 BAARC Hamfest
- Saturday, April 6, 2019
- Al W?RC has secured the date with the Brainerd Armory.
Digital & Emergency Communications:?
ARES Connect Update:
- John reported on the recent ARES exercise.
New CWC EOC:
- No updates on construction progress allowing reactivating our Club station there.
- Gull Lake:
- Mitch AD?HJ reported on a recent work session with Al and Roger to connect the new Heliax.
- No new items.
- Crow Wing Power:
- No new items.
- Cross Lake:
- No new items.
- High-rise Site:
- No changes on site.
- Upcoming elections for Club officers were discussed. No volunteers have come forward for the open Vice-President post as yet.
- John reported the Club has received a $100 check from the Kiwanis for the Triathlon. The Secretary will send a letter of thanks to John?s contact.
- Mitch reported Lyle has been looking for MTM-100?s for Club repeater linking.
Motion to amend previous motion of $200 – $400 for purchase of additional FTM-100?s: Al W?RC, Second?Steve N?CRM,?Passed.?
- The possibility of securing a possible northeast repeater location was discussed. Other site options are being explored.
- Motion to request a new frequency pair for Gull Lake site (146.955 / 146.355): Mitch AD?HJ, SecondSteve N?CRM,??Mitch will pursue with the repeater council.
- Adding APRS to the Gull Lake site was discussed. Would need a PC, and controller.
- Discussed Hi-Rise site use and HF Win-Link.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 4:50 PM.
THURSDAY-OCTOBER 25, 2018 – 7:00 PM -?BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES?- BRAINERD FIRE DEPARTMENT
International Space Station SSTV Reception – Presented by Mitch AD?HJ
–Respectfully submitted by?Ron K?GOP, Secretary