THURSDAY-APRIL 26, 2018 – 4:00 PM -?BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES?- BRAINERD FIRE DEPARTMENT
President:?Steve Mott N?CRM
Vice President:?John Luce W?WY
Treasurer:?Doug Bergsnev W?DWB
Secretary:?Ron Finger K?GOP
Past Presidents:?Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree W?RC
Director At Large:?Lyle Amundson K?LFV
Director of Emergency Communications:?Dave Schuldheisz K?ISZ
Repeater Trustee:?Mitch Ahrenstorff AD?HJ
Community Events Coordinator:?Mark Cross KE?LFQ
Attendees:?Steve N?CRM, John W?WY, Lyle K?LFV, Doug W?DWB, Ron K?GOP, Al W?RC, Shirley K?DCW, Charles W5CCL, Roger W?WUG, Mark KE?LFQ and Mitch AD?HJ. The President opened the Board Meeting at 4 PM.
- Membership roster: 72 members with 9 unpaid for 2018. The Club roster can be found on the Club website under the?Resources/Members Only?? Current paid members can request an individual password for access via the??Contact Us??form.
- Minutes: The March 2018 meeting minutes were posted to the?Baarcer??area of the Club website.
- Correspondence: None.
- Documents: Updated Club membership roster and Gmail contacts database.
- Web Banner Art: New Banner Art for April Satellite Program
- Community & Special Events Coordinator position updated in BAARC Bylaws. Fire department and Crow Wing County Fair Board plaques completed for engraving.
- Membership ID’s: 1 New Club ID badge made.
- Motion to accept: John W?WY, SecondAl W?RC,??
Treasurer?s Report:?The Treasurer presented the Treasurer?s report showing all month?s account transactions and balances to date.
- Motion to accept: Al W?RC, SecondJohn W?WY,?Passed
Membership Meeting Programs:?The President reviewed recent and future Club programs and events. May 24 meeting: BAARC Spring Dinner.
Upcoming Events:?The following events were discussed:
Brainerd Jaycees Run for the Lakes Marathon
- Saturday, April 28, 2018
- John W?WY will arrange for use of CWC Sherriff?s Trailer
Breezy Point Airport Fly-In May 5th, 2018
- Mark KE?LFQ will chair the event
- Will present sign-up sheet at April meeting
BAARC Spring Dinner May 24, 2018
- Nisswa Legion ? Prairie Bay to do catering.
- Still need a program speaker
Digital & Emergency Communications:?
HRA ? High Rise site:
- Verizon Communications will be moving its equipment to the roof
- We need to determine what Club antennas we wish to retain and add
- John W?WY discussed the proposed plan
- Schedule Saturday May 19th 1000 for Club work session
Other Repeater Sites:
- Gull Lake:
- Discussed options for coax and connectors.
- 444.925 DARC room setup for a persistent connection.
- Crow Wing Power:
- Computer/controller back online.
- Cross Lake:
- No new items.
Add second 2m antenna to CWC Sheriff?s Trailer
- John Bowen has approved; will use their installer.
- Al W?RC has purchased antenna for their installation.
Possible Portable Repeater Site at future Remer Fire Station
- Progress Update
- Al and John discussed the possibility of obtaining permission to install an antenna, coax and power at the new Fire Station site in Remer, MN.
- This would allow for setting up a temporary portable Club repeater for use during Club-staffed events like the Mid-MN 150 Sled Dog Race and SKYWARN.
- Brainerd Fire Chief Tim Holmes will contact the Remer FD as an introduction.
Purchase Upgrade for Yaesu Fusion DR Repeater #5 for $300
Motion to accept: Lyle K?LFV, Second?Al W?RC,?Passed.?
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 4:45 PM.
THURSDAY-APRIL 26, 2018 – 7:00 PM -?BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES?- BRAINERD FIRE DEPARTMENT
The President opened the Club membership business meeting at 7 PM with 36 members and guests present. Paul KE?PBR gave an informative program on Amateur Radio Satellite Communication.?Ron K?GOP, Secretary