THURSDAY-APRIL 26, 2018 – 4:00 PM – BAARC BOARD MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE DEPARTMENT
President: Steve Mott NØCRM
Vice President: John Luce WØWY
Treasurer: Doug Bergsnev WØDWB
Secretary: Ron Finger KØGOP
Past Presidents: Charles Lane W5CCL, Al Doree WØRC
Director At Large: Lyle Amundson KØLFV
Director of Emergency Communications: Dave Schuldheisz KØISZ
Repeater Trustee: Mitch Ahrenstorff ADØHJ
Community Events Coordinator: Mark Cross KEØLFQ
Attendees: Steve NØCRM, John WØWY, Lyle KØLFV, Doug WØDWB, Ron KØGOP, Al WØRC, Shirley KØDCW, Charles W5CCL, Roger WØWUG, Mark KEØLFQ and Mitch ADØHJ. The President opened the Board Meeting at 4 PM.
- Membership roster: 72 members with 9 unpaid for 2018. The Club roster can be found on the Club website under the“Resources/Members Only” Current paid members can request an individual password for access via the “Contact Us” form.
- Minutes: The March 2018 meeting minutes were posted to the“Baarcer” area of the Club website.
- Correspondence: None.
- Documents: Updated Club membership roster and Gmail contacts database.
- Web Banner Art: New Banner Art for April Satellite Program
- Community & Special Events Coordinator position updated in BAARC Bylaws. Fire department and Crow Wing County Fair Board plaques completed for engraving.
- Membership ID’s: 1 New Club ID badge made.
- Motion to accept: John WØWY, SecondAl WØRC,
Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer presented the Treasurer’s report showing all month’s account transactions and balances to date.
- Motion to accept: Al WØRC, SecondJohn WØWY, Passed
Membership Meeting Programs: The President reviewed recent and future Club programs and events. May 24 meeting: BAARC Spring Dinner.
Upcoming Events: The following events were discussed:
Brainerd Jaycees Run for the Lakes Marathon
- Saturday, April 28, 2018
- John WØWY will arrange for use of CWC Sherriff’s Trailer
Breezy Point Airport Fly-In May 5th, 2018
- Mark KEØLFQ will chair the event
- Will present sign-up sheet at April meeting
BAARC Spring Dinner May 24, 2018
- Nisswa Legion – Prairie Bay to do catering.
- Still need a program speaker
Digital & Emergency Communications:
HRA – High Rise site:
- Verizon Communications will be moving its equipment to the roof
- We need to determine what Club antennas we wish to retain and add
- John WØWY discussed the proposed plan
- Schedule Saturday May 19th 1000 for Club work session
Other Repeater Sites:
- Gull Lake:
- Discussed options for coax and connectors.
- 444.925 DARC room setup for a persistent connection.
- Crow Wing Power:
- Computer/controller back online.
- Cross Lake:
- No new items.
Add second 2m antenna to CWC Sheriff’s Trailer
- John Bowen has approved; will use their installer.
- Al WØRC has purchased antenna for their installation.
Possible Portable Repeater Site at future Remer Fire Station
- Progress Update
- Al and John discussed the possibility of obtaining permission to install an antenna, coax and power at the new Fire Station site in Remer, MN.
- This would allow for setting up a temporary portable Club repeater for use during Club-staffed events like the Mid-MN 150 Sled Dog Race and SKYWARN.
- Brainerd Fire Chief Tim Holmes will contact the Remer FD as an introduction.
Purchase Upgrade for Yaesu Fusion DR Repeater #5 for $300
Motion to accept: Lyle KØLFV, Second Al WØRC, Passed.
The Board Meeting was adjourned at 4:45 PM.
THURSDAY-APRIL 26, 2018 – 7:00 PM – BAARC MEMBERSHIP MEETING MINUTES – BRAINERD FIRE DEPARTMENT
The President opened the Club membership business meeting at 7 PM with 36 members and guests present. Paul KEØPBR gave an informative program on Amateur Radio Satellite Communication. Ron KØGOP, Secretary